Candidate will work in a consultative manner with Business users to gather data modeling requirements, define modeling needs, design solutions, recommend proper analytical methodologies, and execute upon projects.
Develop statistical models, data-driven analyses, and relational, informational and operational models from start to finish.
Utilize data mining techniques and queries to gather business intelligence with regard to data acquisitions and conversions to support PUB*s business growth.
Provide input and guidance to ETL and reporting team on implementation of models to drive accurate and timely business end result.
5+ years of data architecture / data modeling / data analyst experience.
Experience in data modeling for both warehouse and operational (OLTP) database environments.
Ability to create detailed programming specifications for ETL, data migration, and data scrubbing processes.
Ability to perform other data analysis, including validating data quality and consistency.
Ability to perform data mapping between disparate databases / data sources, and do gap analysis.
Ability to facilitate design and requirements gathering sessions, and to define data requirements.
A background in banking / financial systems would be very beneficial.
A background in data conversion would be very beneficial.
· Require strong knowledge of Erwin, or comparable tool for modeling and capturing metadata.
· Require strong knowledge of SQL and at least one relational database platform (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and Sybase IQ).
· Knowledge of Business Objects and Data Integrator a plus.
· Knowledge of SQL Querying tools a plus
· Excellent communication skills * must be able to effectively communicate designs to business users, database administrators, project leaders, developers, and managers.
· Must be very self-motivated, highly adaptable, and able to work with minimal guidance.
· Must have strong analytical skills - able to synthesize information from multiple sources.
· Detail oriented, deadline driven and able to meet multiple deadlines while staying highly organized.
· Proven ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner.
· Proven skills in dealing with shifting priorities and the ability to remain flexible.